Hello there! Id like to take this moment to introduce you to the Strategy Christian Media Blog! To begin let me introduce myself! My name is Jayson. I am a happily married Christian man from central Michigan. The LORD has blessed me with 2 beautiful daughters , one is an 18 year old high school graduate and the other is 22 and married to a wonderful Christian man. I am blessed to have a two year old grandson and granddaughter set to grace this world with her presence Mid may 2022!
In addition to being a husband , father and grandfather the LORD has laid a conviction on my heart to become a prepper. Covid 19 was the proverbial "kick in the pants" that jumpstarted this lifestyle change in earnest. Scripture is very clear that the believer should :
1) Be prepared to meet our blessed creator as that moment can come for us at any moment.
2) "To be always be prepared to give an answer of the hope that lieth within you" ( I Peter 3:15).
3) Have the resources and skills to take care of those under our roof as the world gets darker before the coming of our LORD.
Many of our interests/activities gravitate toward life skills needed to lead a self sufficient lifestyle:
- Homesteading
- Animal husbandry
- Vegetable Gardening
- Medicinal Plant / herb gardening
- Canning/Preserving
- Ham Radio (KE8PMV)
- Hiking
- Hunting/Fishing
As the LORD has convicted us to not own a TV , stay completely away from social media and keep Internet use to a minimum, our family consumes voracious amount of books (print and audio) and podcasts for both pleasure and education!
In another life I worked for an IT support company that did support for an automotive company who's initials were "GM". A good portion of my tenure with them was spent as a technical writer with over 100+ articles with my name on the by-line. Many friends and work acquaintances said I was a "natural" writer. The idea of being an author really called to me , but lacking the formal education was a huge roadblock! Afterall, it doesn't take alot of literary skill to tell someone what and where to click! So for many years the idea of writing just sat in the back of my mind , tickling my consciousness from time to time but never sparking enough motivation to get from my brain to the screen. Finally recently a thought dawned on me, perhaps I can use my interests as material for some writing Inspiration! Ideas began to ping around in my head: · Thoughts and things helpful to our Christian walk· Ham radio experiences and how tos · Hiking trips · Bushcraft experiences · reviews on books and podcasts Stay tuned as my daughter launches a companion blog to this one chronicling our homesteading experiences!
Ill beg you for a certain amount of patience when it comes to the tools of the trade. As we gain experience sentence construction and grammar should improve! In conclusion I hope that I can bring my previous writing experience to the table to help fellow Christians , preppers and the general population that enjoys learning as much I do ! I hope you find the material here helpful and valuable.
73
Jayson
If you like what your reading would you consider buying me a coffee?
No comments:
Post a Comment